Temperature Variation on the WSM 22

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

izeedeee

Original poster
Oct 29, 2019
Hi All,

I am working on my new WSM 22. I am wondering, based on everyone's experience on this classic smoker, can anyone tell me what temperature the OEM lid thermometer should read if you want to do a smoke at 250-275? Do I really need to to read the temp at the grill level? Or do we know by now what the temperature spread is?

If it is necessary to read the temp. at the grill level, What is the best, relatively inexpensive, set up I can use that will give me a temp probe for the grill and two probes for meat?

Thanks for all the wonderful info!

izeedeee

The therm on the lid isn't very accurate. I use it to basically tell me if the heat in the WSM is slowly dying or getting hot.

Chris

The therm on the lid isn't very accurate. I use it to basically tell me if the heat in the WSM is slowly dying or getting hot.

Chris
Isn't it kind weird? They make a great product, and then throw a BS thermos on it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky