Temp controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Update on my quest to control temps while cooking sausage.
Purchased a Master Built electric smoker, and after the initial "burn in" at 275 degrees, allowed the smoker to cool to ambient, and then set the temperature to 160 degrees. I used a potato with my Meater+ inserted to monitor the smoker temperature.
The green line depicts the smoker temperature. With the MES set at 160 degrees, the temperature fluxuated to 188 degrees. Is this normal?
Seems like I was able to control the WSM temp closer than that!

Attachments

• IMG_6605.JPG
    IMG_6605.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 11
My Fireboard 2 drive will power my Guru Pit Vipor fan for at least 10 hours unless I am runn8ng really high temps off its internal rechargeable battery. I also have a cell phone/ battery charger I got off of Amazon that can run it quite a bit longer just linking one usb cable from the battery to the Fireboard. It has an ac plug, but I have never used it. Longest cook was over 24 hours Straight. Worth checking out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky