Temp control

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Flytwister

Original poster
Aug 22, 2021
Hello all, new to forum. I hav had several different smokers over the past 20 years from charcoal to gas. I recently was gifted a Dyna glow vertical gas smoker. My problem is I can't keep the temperature below 250 and can't generate much smoke without upping the heat. I am looking for some ideas. Thanks in advance for the info.

I believe you'll be looking for (needing) an inline needle valve... all of the threads I have read about gassers usually end up doing that mod... I don't use gas but I have read about them ...

The search window (top right ) will get ya heading in the right direction...

Also.. welcome to your new addiction ...

I believe you'll be looking for (needing) an inline needle valve... all of the threads I have read about gassers usually end up doing that mod... I don't use gas but I have read about them ...

The search window (top right ) will get ya heading in the right direction...

Also.. welcome to your new addiction ...
Thank's for the info. Overall I have preferred gas over charcoal not for taste but control of heat however this smoker has me stumped. I will try the needle valve for heat but that is not going to help me generate smoke. My previous smokers had the wood pan right above the flame. This one has the chip pan 8 inches above the flame and I can't come up with a good idea to get it closer.

I actually like smoking in the 250-275 range, unless I go overnight and then it’s lower. Could you throw a cast iron pan with chips closer to the burner somehow?

I actually like smoking in the 250-275 range, unless I go overnight and then it’s lower. Could you throw a cast iron pan with chips closer to the burner somehow?
Great idea never thought of cast iron on the burner. That and a needle valve might solve the problem..

M

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky