Tejas 20x40 Delux Offset Smoker - Portland, OR

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcyork28

Original poster
Jul 14, 2015
Selling the Tejas 20x40 Deluxe I recently restored. I purchased this primarily to see if I liked cooking on a stick burner but didn't want to try learning on a cheapo big box type cooker. I recently purchased a used Kat 24x60 so it's time to pass the Tejas along.

It has been completely reconditioned. I ground the inside down to bare steel and re-seasoned. I ground the grates down to bare steel as well. I also treated the exterior with a rust inhibitor and remover and gave it two coats of 1200 degree high temp paint.

Asking $1100

dTWaGxvl.jpg

lYDzC2Fl.jpg

70CBdGll.jpg

ukRNPK6l.jpg

Griddle
Mrgc3GCl.jpg

0QMz1BUl.jpg

Heavy Duty Cover From Tejas
lzLfmrFl.jpg

Manufacturer Specs:
Dimensions of the 2040 BBQ Smoker Pit:

► 67"L x 21"D x 57"H with smokestack installed, 45" without smokestack in place
♦ 34" x 18" at mid level slide out cooking grate
♦ 34" x 10.75" at upper level slide out cooking grate
♦ 18.5" x 18.75" firebox direct grilling grate
♦ Height above center cooking grate in barrel - 9.5"
♦ Distance between removable lower cooking grate in barrel to center (main) cooking grate - 6"
♦ 1,834 square inches of total cooking surface

► 1/4" thick plate steel firebox
► Wood storage rack below barrel of the bbq pit smoker - 20" x 40"
► Firebox: 19"w x 19.5"d x 19.5"h
► Capacity of water reservoir ~ 6 gallons

Weight and Shipping Dimensions of the 2040 BBQ Smoker Pit:
► Weight - 600 pounds

Hey, that looks like an excellent refurb! Just wondering, what rust inhibitor did you use, and how did you refinish the grates/metal serving tray?

Thanks,

I used a product called Osphos on the outside only before repainting. The metal serving tray was stainless steel and didn't need any work. I used an angle grinder to remove the rust on the inside of the cook chamber, the fire box and the cooking grates then I reasoned the with cooking oil.

Hey, that looks like an excellent refurb! Just wondering, what rust inhibitor did you use, and how did you refinish the grates/metal serving tray?

One more quick follow up, what'd you use to get it to bare metal? I'm about to refinish a tejas smoker and if I just use my orbital sander red 60 grit pads I'll run through easily over 40 pads.

[QUOTE="mcyork28, post: 2127197, member: 103812"
Thanks,

I used a product called Osphos on the outside only before repainting. The metal serving tray was stainless steel and didn't need any work. I used an angle grinder to remove the rust on the inside of the cook chamber, the fire box and the cooking grates then I reasoned the with cooking oil.

[/QUOTE]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky