• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

taters

duncan

Joined Dec 26, 2005
I just tried sometihng new with my taters. I cut them like fries and tossed them with some tonys and evoo let them set for thirty min or so then sliced onion and tossed into the mix then put it all in a foil pouch and added about a tbl spoon of butter and put it on the smoker for about two hrs or so at 250.

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Sounds like something I ought to try. Was the pouch closed, or did you leave it open so the smoke could get to the taters?

Regards,

Meowey

duncan

Joined Dec 26, 2005
Closed with small holes poked in the top. I also put in 5 cloves of garlic 3 chopped fine 2 just chunked up.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Duncan, you could also do this with a round or square grilling pan (looks like a black aluminum fry pan poked full of holes). Everything will stay in the pan 'cept for the jucies and get a better smokey flavor. Just my $.02 :D !

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.