Sweet and sour chicken marinade question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
SOUP All lol,

So, gonna be doing my sweet and sour this weekend. I am gonna be using that Wagyu tallow and the Ying's Light and Crispy Batter Mix. I would like to marinate the chicken in something. I don't want it to overpower the S&S but regular chicken just tends to be bland. I was thinking of PS Seasonings pineapple teriyaki rub but figured i would see what other Ideas you all have. I do have sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil bachans Wegmans Asian Style Barbecue Sauce and the usual assortment of rubs and spices

Reactions: JLeonard
I have no experience with the PS Seasonings pineapple teriyaki, but I have used a number of their sausage making concoctions and feel they are the best a man can get. Be looking forward to your cook! RAY

Reactions: negolien
Do you by chance velvet the chicken with baking soda? If so, a bit of tsao tsing rice wine and a dash of soy added to the mix is next level tasty.

Reactions: negolien
I usually don't because I marinate it in other stuff. It's basically a meat tenderizer. I find marinating it for 12-24 hours usually does the trick. I do recommend that technique on naked chicken though.

Probably would not marinade if using box batter mix and also don't think you velvet when breading. It's easy to make a sodium bomb with asian. Now IF I were so inclined it would something simple and light, like be a splash of Mirin or rice wine. Good luck! I am hopefully running moo goo tonight.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky