SV/Smoked Pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captainjosh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 1, 2016
Eastern Shore of MD
I’ve got a 4lb Eye of Round Curing in TQ and brown Sugar w/ some ground up pickling spice added. Any thoughts on times and temp on the smoke and SV, and smoke first or SV first?

I smoked and SV a brisket a long while ago, before I took the head of my unit off?! I basically went to a normal smoke first then SV. You already seasoned her well, so I would smoke the brisket between 200°-225°F with an IT of 145°F (5-6 hours). Then SV the smoked brisket @ 155°F for 32-36 hours. IMHO the purpose of SV is just to help the brisket become more tender. At the risk of being banished from SMF, you could just as well pressure cook the smoked brisket following a recipe like Emeril's recipe for pressure cooking a brisket. (see attached) The main issue will be the timing which is provided. Pls use this a
"go-by." Your target is the final safe Internal Temperature of the meet, not how long it cooked. I have done this successfully for my church groups even our piut bosses were surprised. And don't take my info as expert. The experts will follow on with their experience. After 30 + years of meat prep, I STILL HAVE A LOT TO LEARN!!! 🍻

Attachments

• Emeril’s Fastest BBQ Brisket Recipe.pdf
    91.5 KB · Views: 30
I smoked and SV a brisket a long while ago, before I took the head of my unit off?! I basically went to a normal smoke first then SV. You already seasoned her well, so I would smoke the brisket between 200°-225°F with an IT of 145°F (5-6 hours). Then SV the smoked brisket @ 155°F for 32-36 hours. IMHO the purpose of SV is just to help the brisket become more tender. At the risk of being banished from SMF, you could just as well pressure cook the smoked brisket following a recipe like Emeril's recipe for pressure cooking a brisket. (see attached) The main issue will be the timing which is provided. Pls use this a
"go-by." Your target is the final safe Internal Temperature of the meet, not how long it cooked. I have done this successfully for my church groups even our piut bosses were surprised. And don't take my info as expert. The experts will follow on with their experience. After 30 + years of meat prep, I STILL HAVE A LOT TO LEARN!!! 🍻
Thanks for the tips Wurstmeister! It is much appreciated. I will post some pics of my pastrami cook when I get more time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky