SV Chucky 50 hours. (More Tender than Prime Rib!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's Great !!
I should mention, that 50 hours worked good for me, but anywhere within a few hours of that would be fine. I was originally going to do 48, but my schedule fit 50 hours better.

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on how you like it, afterwards.

Bear
Yea it will prob be 48 or 49 so i can eat around this time

Bear god bless you! I pulled mine at 48 hrs and u were right as rain. It was a 10$ chuck tender as prime rib. Im gonna post pics now. I loved adding jeffs texas rub, butter, packet of auju, rosemary!

90208646-27A2-48A1-A9E4-5EFBDDB87CB7.jpeg
374F683D-5347-47A5-837B-DCD1F631F7F7.jpeg
8F3A5C30-485F-42D8-9887-7EF07294554D.jpeg
1619A219-C356-4DEB-AF63-C6E3352B7737.jpeg
44871100-5D7F-46D8-AE46-B4C7E15CE5EA.jpeg

I think i mixed up the order of the pics.
Should be
Out of bath
Seared
Sliced
Fully sliced
Sammies

Looks Great !!
It's really amazing how good they come out when done that way.
I'll never do a Chucky any other way, with my SV, unless I want Pulled Beef.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: banderson7474
Looks Great !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
[/QUOTE
Looks Great !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

i just put another one on for camping trip this weekend!

Looks Great !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Ditto. I’ve also used it to create corned beef and pastrami using chuck and top round. Amazing what SV can do with cheap/tough cuts.

I will if I find a good price on a chuck . Just did a beef knuckle in the smoker
They're good .

You gotta try it Rich!!
I was happy with Chuckies I did @ 131° for 30 hours, but this 48 hours blows that out of the water!!!

Bear
Punny! EOR just went on sale @ $4.99/lb @ Kroger. I did get CAB EOR @ Schnucks a year ago @ $3.99/lb. Been doing chuckies for 48 hours when I saw Baldwin's recommendation a few years ago on his online book. My first chuckie years ago had to go 56 hours because something popped up and was turn to the mush side. I like those EOR the best at 132/32hrs,

I will if I find a good price on a chuck . Just did a beef knuckle in the smoker
They're good .

LOL---I'd add some Chuckies & Eye Rounds to our Giant list, but their @ between $6.99 & $7.99 right now!! Ouch!!

Bear

Yes, the price of chuckies are out of bounds here also $7.49. Just checked brisket, it's coming down but still $6.48

Yes, the price of chuckies are out of bounds here also $7.49. Just checked brisket, it's coming down but still $6.48

Yup---Gotta make do here @ the Den----Pizza last night---Hot Dogs tonight & tomorrow night-----2 year old Freezer raid of a Small Prime Rib for Saturday!!

Bear

You've inspired me! I borrowed a Suise Vide and stuck a small Chucky in it. Plan is to let it go for 40+ hours (wanted dinner Wednesday night). This is my first time doing Suise Vide!

Reactions: chopsaw
You've inspired me! I borrowed a Suise Vide and stuck a small Chucky in it. Plan is to let it go for 40+ hours (wanted dinner Wednesday night). This is my first time doing Suise Vide!
Might as well start shopping . You'll be buying one .

Thank you! It's a small roast, maybe 2lb. Should I do it for less time?
I have not done the 40 hour cook yet . I have done 3 pounds for for the 30 hour time frame . Comes out great . I'll try the longer cook when I find a good price on one .
If it was me , I'd start at the shorter time , but I'm not saying you can't do the longer cook .
Should be fine either way .

Thank you! It's a small roast, maybe 2lb. Should I do it for less time?

No matter what the size, it still needs the time to break things down.
I would go at least 46 hours @ 132° to get the same results I got at 50 hours.
I've used 21 hours, 24 hours, and 30 hours. Most of them were Great, but a couple were not tender. None of them were near as Tender as the 50 hour Chucky. The difference between them & 48 hours is like night & day, and I will never do less than 46 hours again.

Enjoy!!
Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky