SV Chucky 50 hours. (More Tender than Prime Rib!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Doing this starting tonight. Had to sub in soup packet for compound butter with parm & garlic flavoring. My intent is to drop temp at the end briefly then sear it on either side to bring it back to temp. Hope it turns out good! Funny enough I found a youtuber from 2017 commenting on this thread when I searched videos on YT. It's an oldie but a goodie apparently.

That's Great !!
I'm 24 hours ahead of you---I have 2 Small Chuckies in my SV right now----Started yesterday @ 2PM. I'm doing these at 165°, and I will be pulling them for "Pulled Beef" tomorrow @ 4 PM.

Bear

Thats great to hear. Have another day to wait on mine. Ill try to report back with pics when it's all said and done. Hope your pulled beef turns out well! Thanks again for the inspiration!

Just had to do this again. My work schedule seldom allows me to do a cook like this and get it in the bath and out again at a decent hour. This Holiday is unique in that the grocery where I work most of my hours decided to close for the ENTIRE Christmas week end.
This time I seasoned the Chucky with a packet of Mushroom Gravy mix. You know the add water and boil stuff in the envelope. I can highly recommend this seasoning.variety. I think the enzymes in the mushroom powder do something to tenderize even more. You could darn near eat this thru a straw, so melt in your mouth tender. I have used a mushroom seasoning mixed in burger before and the texture of the burger turned to mush when mixing it but made a great burger. I think similar happened here. No mush at all, but it was even more tender than before. Really didn't think that was possible and still have it hold together.
I might go broke buying chuck roast and gravy.

Thanks so much to Bearcarver Bearcarver for getting this started.

Any one else have seasoning experiments to add ?

Just had to do this again. My work schedule seldom allows me to do a cook like this and get it in the bath and out again at a decent hour. This Holiday is unique in that the grocery where I work most of my hours decided to close for the ENTIRE Christmas week end.
This time I seasoned the Chucky with a packet of Mushroom Gravy mix. You know the add water and boil stuff in the envelope. I can highly recommend this seasoning.variety. I think the enzymes in the mushroom powder do something to tenderize even more. You could darn near eat this thru a straw, so melt in your mouth tender. I have used a mushroom seasoning mixed in burger before and the texture of the burger turned to mush when mixing it but made a great burger. I think similar happened here. No mush at all, but it was even more tender than before. Really didn't think that was possible and still have it hold together.
I might go broke buying chuck roast and gravy.

Thanks so much to Bearcarver Bearcarver for getting this started.

Right now I'm "Chucky Poor".
I haven't had a Chuck Roast in well over a year.
Dang things are $9.99 +. lately for "Choice", and I was just getting used to $6.99 for them!!

Bear

Have used this rub a couple times.

4T coarse black pepper
3T kosher salt
2T granulated garlic
1T cornstarch
2t dry rosemary
2t dry oregano
2t dry thyme leaves

Thank You Tander!!
Believe Me---It's worth it.
I should be posting the Sammies tomorrow morning.

Bear
Thank You Tander!!
Believe Me---It's worth it.
I should be posting the Sammies tomorrow morning.

Bear
Hey Bear, I apologize for contacting you but didn't know another way. W here is the listing of your cooks? I would like to find it and "pin" it.
Thank you,
Backpacker 048

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky