Surf & Turf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I was meat manager in Lyons Falls, Lewis County,NY Great American, we had Georgia Pacific Lumber Company there, huge employer. They had lots of executives coming into the store. I set up a display of 'Poor Man's Surf'N'Turf'. Instead of Lobster, I had Monkfish, and instead of Ribeye, I had Sirloin Tip Fillets. Monkfish was an ugly fish, but the fillets were nice sized and I'd fillet them and tell how to trim off the outer rubbery skin and toss them into a pot of boiling water, then bring them right back out after counting to 5, then baste with garlic butter and broil them for 6 minutes or until browned, meanwhile also grilling or pan-frying the sirloin tip fillets, flash frying. The monkfish would triple in size in the boiling water and turn from ugly gray to pearly white, then the broiling would firm them up. Cut the monkfish into small chunks and dunk in melted butter - you'd swear it was the best lobster you'd ever tasted!

I've caught a few of them Ugly isn't close,but tasty they are thanks for sharing
Richie

Justin my friend thank you it was a tasty treat.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Lance Thanks hope all is well with you,haven't seen you on in a while.
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky