Success with modified 3-2-1...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nickbailey

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 29, 2006
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
So I did a smoke on the weekend, first one of the spring I was so excited. Did some pork side ribs, and decided to go for the 3-2-1 method again but switch it around a little. I went with 2-3-1, put about half a coffee mug of apple juice in each package.

I'll tell you It was difficult for me to pick them up without all the bones falling out haha. It was fantastic so juicy and tender. I used my spicey rub with a sweet sauce that i've been working on and they were my best yet. Sadly, no pictures to drool over, sorry.

Good job Nick! Apple juice is tops for smoking! I use one of those little Juice boxes for spraying every smoke and it's great. I buy 12 packs and aways have a fresh supply. I spray once an hour till it's wet.

Sounds great Nick. There's gonna be some great grub at the party your having later this summer!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I don't put it in my foil I used my finishing sauce for that almost like a BBQ sauce. Do you guys use a finishing sauce for ribs or just pulled pork and brisket?

Finishing sauce? Please explain. I usually just spritz my pulled pork with apple juice. I thought it came out great but.......if I can do better. Don't mean to hijack the thread by the way.

No thats fine, I use a finishing sauce for sure. I don't think I could ever not use one heh. It's pretty much a standard bbq sauce with a few secret ingredients haha.

That sounds awesome. I'm getting ready to throw some modifiied 321 ribs on right now. I like to use a mixture of 50/50 apple juice / bourbon for spraying the ribs down during the dry cook times.

Great job Nick ...Hmmmmmmmmm party ? ...later this summer ? Ribs !!! must have miss placed my invitation :( ..... lol
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

Finishing sauce is a sauce you make up to add to your food after it's done to add or enhance flavor. Usually vinegar or lemon based. I even use it for salad dressing!

Jeff posted a good one for pulled pork awhile back that was awsome and I have one made from lemons. It can be used on anything and you can tweek it t suit your taste. If you don't use one at least for pulled pork your really cheating yourself!

I have Jeff's listed on my "Hall of Fame" page

Jeff': http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/SMF-Recipes.htm

Mine: http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Pulledpork.htm

icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky