stuffer handle location preference?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gdp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 18, 2019
Arvada, CO
I've got a short list of stuffers I want to buy, 1st time buyer, and curious if any of you have a preference for the handle location to the stuffing nozzle. Some are 90 degrees apart and others 180 degrees apart. I'm right handed and imagine using the right to crank and left to guide the stuffing but don't know which configuration is preferred, if at all. It seems you're either looking around to the other side of the cylinder or taking the casing off the side. Thanks for the input!

Reactions: kruizer
I'm not sure it matters much either way. My crank is on the back and the horn on the front. I turn the crank with my left hand, but that is mostly because I clamp the stuffer to the left side of the table (looking at the front of the stuffer).

I have had both, both stuffers were horizontal stuffers the first had the handle on the back of the
stuffer turning it clockwise to the axis of the stuffer chamber. My latest has the handle on the side
of the stuffer turning it lengthwise to the stuffer chamber. Both work well but I think I prefer
the later. The former can be a problem if it is a large capacity stuffer because it will need two
people to operate it, I know because I have one of them too. To many stuffers:)

Cal

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky