Stuffed Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pepperfarmer18

Original poster
Oct 25, 2011
Mansfield, IL
I caught some whole pork loins on sale last week, so I decided to take a 3 lb end off of it and do something different.  I've done stuffed pork loins before, but never smoked one. So, I decided to go with some Mexican flavors and smoked it for football Sunday.  

Cut it open...

Stuffed with Monterey Jack cheese, homemade chorizo, and cilantro...

Rolled it up and secured with skewers while I got the makeshift bacon weave ready.  I say makeshift because I ran out of bacon, lol...

Got the bacon weave on...

Put it on the smoker at 275-300 with hickory and apple wood, 50/50 mix...

After 1 hour...

After about 2 and half hours the loin was at 152 IT, so I pulled it and let it rest in foil for 15 min.  Here it is, ready to slice...

Money shots I guess you'd call them...

Turned out pretty good.  Could have used a little more cheese, but that's my only complaint.  Thanks for looking!

Looks awesome! Question, I am new to the smoking thing and not sure about measuring internal temps on meat that is stuffed. How should I do that? I use a probe that stays in it while it cooks. Thanks!

Yes. more cheese, please!

Looks good non the less though!
th_HaHAAHaa.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky