Stuffed peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Another batch done! This was made with some colorful little peppers. Had in brine for almost 2 weeks. And this morning they got stuffed with feta and capped with ham. 2 of them didn't make it back to a jar with a mix of vinegar and olive oil. Tasty! I also did a quart of sliced jalapenos. They go quick with meals.
P8292932.jpg
P8292931.jpg
P8292933.jpg
P8292934.jpg

?? Sorry Steve I guess I need further education here. You actually put the cheese in the vinegar and oil for long term? I understand doing it when being served like salad dressing. I understand that feta is a hard enough cheese to hold up to "soaking". But what is the reason for long term soaking?
Don

?? Sorry Steve I guess I need further education here. You actually put the cheese in the vinegar and oil for long term? I understand doing it when being served like salad dressing. I understand that feta is a hard enough cheese to hold up to "soaking". But what is the reason for long term soaking?
Don

No, it isn't long term at all. These bad boys only last a week at the most. Putting them in brine keeps them moist. And flavor to the cheese and ham. When you buy these they are also soaking in a oil/vinegar solution.

Looks awesome!! I can’t keep up with all the great canning stuff you put out. Everything is spectacular. I’m thinking of pickling some turnips soon in that spicy brine you posted.

I haven’t gotten a chance to make pepper shooters yet. But I just wanted to let you know I’ve been buying them every week from Wegmans since you posted.

I think you need a canning cellar...aka my cellar. I know where I’m going when the apocalypse hits, lol

Reactions: Steve H
Looks awesome!! I can’t keep up with all the great canning stuff you put out. Everything is spectacular. I’m thinking of pickling some turnips soon in that spicy brine you posted.

I haven’t gotten a chance to make pepper shooters yet. But I just wanted to let you know I’ve been buying them every week from Wegmans since you posted.

I think you need a canning cellar...aka my cellar. I know where I’m going when the apocalypse hits, lol

I'm going to need something! I buy them from wegmans along with some olives and stuffed grape leaves too. Love those. My project fridge is getting full. Oh, I forgot about the turnips. I've been meaning to try that when I saw that here awhile back.

Don
Like Steve already said, same goes here, *They don't last but a week or two."
But to actually answer your question, cheese holds up very well when soaked for long periods.
I've used Auricchio Provolone and Bleu.

My mamaw who lived to be 97 would be proud of ole Steve. She was always canning stuff and making different jellies. One of my favorites was watermelon rind preserves!

Reactions: Steve H
Man you are killing it on canning some stuff. Those peppers look great. What do you use to apply pressure? Using an actual canner or vacuum sealer?

My mamaw who lived to be 97 would be proud of ole Steve. She was always canning stuff and making different jellies. One of my favorites was watermelon rind preserves!

That's very kind of you for saying that.

Steve nice job we usually make them twice a month an they only get refrigd after being made,gone in 2 days
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky