Stuffed(?) Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TripleLindy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 1, 2022
DFW area
I’m not sure what to call these, but I had seen a YouTube video recently where cheese and bacon were mixed in with ground beef to make burgers. Temps in DFW are in the 80s with blue skies and sunshine, so it was a perfect day for grilling some burgers. (Temps were in the single digits a couple of weeks ago.)

We like things a little spicy, so I added a diced jalapeño, seeds and membranes included. I didn’t have the recipe’s ratios, so I winged it, mixing 1/4 lb of chopped bacon with 3 lbs of ground beef. In hindsight, I would use more bacon, as there was just barely a hint of bacon flavor. Same with the jalapeño - probably could have used 2. I used 4 oz of sharp cheddar and that seemed about right. I also added in some Worcestershire sauce along with salt and pepper.

I mixed up mayo, A1, mustard and ketchup for a dressing and my wife pickled some onion. Of course, we had all of the other fixins. Burgers turned out pretty good, better than beef alone, but I’ll make some adjustments if I ever do these again.

1673394694844.jpeg

1673394725586.jpeg

1673394757277.jpeg

1673394789441.jpeg

1673394817877.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky