stubbs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokezilla

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
port huron mich.
Has any body used stubbs all natural briquettes,  I have a char griller smokin pro and use ro lump but walmart ran out, so i picked up some stubbs. Just wondering about ash amount, clean burn and how long of burn time compared to kingsford

As with any briquette, ash build up will be a problem. However, I consider the Stubbs briquettes the best I have ever used, FWIW.

Definitely less ash.  Kingsford, etc. use a lot of binders (clay, I believe).  I want to buy heat and flavor, not dirt!  Hardwood lump is more expensive, but you get more bang for the buck.  Comparing prices based simply by weight can be like comparing apples to oranges.  Hardwood lump great, but burns hotter in most cases, so be mindful of your temps.

Used Stubbs a couple time past summer when I bought a couple broken bags at Home Depot. They worked well.

I'm a big fan of Wicked Good lump and their Weekend Warrior Blend briquettes mixed together. Burns hot, long and clean. Search online for their info.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky