Stopping Holes in Griddle for Frying?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Count Porcula

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2020
I want to get a griddle that fits my gas grill, but it comes with several holes that let fat run off. I'm not sure what genius thought that up. Obviously, you want that fat to stay with the meat. Has anyone here dealt with this problem?

There must be something I could plug the holes with.

I bought a 14X20 cast iron griddle from Amazon I used on my grill before I bought my blackstone. I actually ground a spot off the lip on the smooth side so I could shed excess grease when needed

As I said, the griddle fits the grill, so the holes are already there. It's also coated with porcelain.

A picture would be helpful.

We have a countertop Blackstone griddle with the drain opening in the back...
20231016_090140[1].jpg

We use this stainless steel scraper...
20231016_090109[1].jpg

...to block the opening like this...
20231016_090207[1].jpg

Also works well to keep food from going out the back, too. Not sure if this will help you or maybe give you some other idea...

Here's a photo. I would be using the other side, which is flat.

56041-a-03-21.jpg

I think that would leak too much.

I'm wondering if I could stop them up with concrete patch. It wouldn't melt, and it would hold grease pretty well.

When you suggested stainless, I thought maybe I could do that and use flexible silicone for washers, but silicone starts to give out at 400 degrees.

It surprises me that Napoleon doesn't realize people fry steaks in butter.

I'd leave it as is. The holes are there for a reason. Gets rid of excess fat or water when you clean the griddle after cooking. If you want something to keep the butter in, use a cast iron skillet.

Reactions: fxsales1959
Put a couple spacers on one side of the grill. The grill will not be level, put griddle holes on high side. Easy fix without using concrete patch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky