Steak rollups with butter and blue cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
Seeing as today was in the 70s here, sorry fellas and fellaettes up north, decided to make some of wife and my fave dinner.

Went to the store and bought some thin sliced, milanesa, steak. This isnt thin as shaved you would use for steak and cheese but could probably work. While I was there also grabbed some blue cheese.

Got home, mixed butter, margarine here, garlic, pepper, blue cheese and parsley to taste. Put a bit if the spread on each piece of meat, roll it up and secure with a tooth pick. Then gave them a light dusting of Meat Church Holy Voodoo, love that rub.
20220410_161121.jpg

Set that back in the fridge, diced up some taters, seasoned up with some salt and pepper and into a 425 degree oven they go for about 30 mins.

About 15 mins before the taters are done, toss the roll ups on a hot grill. Cook on each side for no more than a couple mins. You will get smoke as the blue cheese and butter run out. Dont worry, if you filled them enough there will be plenty of filling left

20220410_175810.jpg

Took those inside just in time to pop some green beans in the microwave and pull the taters.

Tossed the spuds in a big bowl with some fresh garlic, parsley and a bit more Holy Voodoo and gave it a good toss to coat the taters.

20220410_180137.jpg

Presentation needs help, but too many others in the kitchen while I was platin up the noms.

Nice Kevin, simple and tasty.

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking meal!
I wish you would have gotten a sliced shot, cause I think we all would like to see the inside of the roll up!
Al

Great looking meal!
I wish you would have gotten a sliced shot, cause I think we all would like to see the inside of the roll up!
Al
Next time I make them Al, Ill try to remember to take a pict prior to rolling them up.

Nice thing about this is you can adjust the blue cheese to taste. Myself and kids are not as big a fan of blue cheese as the wife, so I add extra blue cheeae crumbles to hers before rolling. Thats why some of the skewers are turned a different way, some for her, some for our son and myself

Yum, I love beef roll up's with Blue cheese and a little spinach and a few pinches of bread crumbs.
Braised in tomato sauce, and you have an awesome Braciole, which takes it to a whole new level in my world.
1649763496755.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky