SPG - paprika

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

imhungrymk

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
What is the ratio you use for you SPG, also do you add paprika?

Everyone has a different "blend" for their unique taste. I typically use 4 parts course ground pepper, 4 parts kosher salt, and 3 parts garlic powder. Many/most folks will also add 3 parts onion powder.

As far as adding paprika, depends on what I'm smoking. I like to use some on chicken and pork, but not so much on beef.

If in a recipe I'll measure it out. If just putting directly on meat then just sprinkle till it looks about right...and hope I don't say ooopppsss! Or something else lol!

Ryan

Reactions: imhungrymk
Common recipes call for 3 parts Kosher Salt to 1 part Other, including Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Paprika, Etc.
I just use 1 part each and adjust when finishing the meat for service...JJ

The chart is fine. However, if you go by weight...A Gram of Salt is a Gram of Salt whether its a single tiny Rock or a big spoonful of Powder...Basic conversion 1 1/2 parts Kosher = 1 part Table Salt...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky