Sous vide half chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Forkin,

I have an anova Bluetooth 800 watt sv, and a joule WiFi/Bluetooth 1100 watt sv.

My anova started to malfunction right before st paddy’s day and I was planing on doing 3 corned beef flats so I was in a pinch. Had to buy a new one as the other sv I was sending back to anova wouldn’t be back in time.

I went with the joule because it’s 1100 watts and heats a larger amount of water than the 800 watt anova. I tend to cook for a lot of people so it made sense.

With that being said my anova does a great job. The customer service was great they sent me a label and I sent it back to them. Once they received it they sent me a brand new one in the retail box. Can’t say enough about the customer service anova has. Another thing I like about the anova over the joule is it has buttons and a display screen on it. With the joule you have to use the app on your phone to cook. I don’t like that and I’m sure that’s another step closer to me becoming the “hey kids get off my lawn guy” lol. It’s nice to be able to not pull out the phone every time you sv.

The joule is a smaller unit and more powerful. It takes up less room in the container your using and it heats more water. So basically figure out what you need and go get one based of this info. Lol!

Good luck
Scott

Great looking chicken Scott. Thanks for your thoughts on these two SV machines. I've been studying them for a while and you gave me more info here than I've been able to find in all that time.

Jack,

Your welcome. Glad I could help. Good luck with whatever sv you end up with.

Scott

Crossed by randomly and gotta say your Sous vide half chicken had me hygge just by looking :D Guess that’s an amazing job done.

Aside from lemonblossoms and healthykitchen101 and food52 and we having countless of regular oven baked chicken breast recently, this looks really like a new breeze.

I’d make this the next try in queue on my to-do list ;) Thanks for sharing Scott.

Oh and cute dog!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky