sous vide bags?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
I'm looking to get some sous vide bags, is there any brands that are better than others, I was looking for inkbird bags since they gave me a free sous vide, but can't seem to find them, do they make the bags for the sous vide. thanks Jim

If you dont have a food saver zip lock bags wok fine. Just lower them under water to force the air out. I highly recommend a food saver. You will never no how you got along with out one. If you have one I been buying the QUART PLUS Vacuum Sealer Bags NEW SIZE 10" x 13" on amazon. The extra room is nice.

I'm looking to get some sous vide bags, is there any brands that are better than others, I was looking for inkbird bags since they gave me a free sous vide, but can't seem to find them, do they make the bags for the sous vide. thanks Jim
Probably not if they don't make vacuum sealers. I've used the "Simple Houseware" brand from Amazon for yrs and haven't had a problem with them. I bought another bargain brand there once and they were so wrinkled that they wouldn't seal.

I buy all my bags from Lisa.. MOBETTA quality bags...

1.jpg

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

California
As alot of you know @lisa b has been one of our site sponsors for a long time.

If you do not know who this is our what she offers let me introduce you.

screenshot_1-png.png

Lisa is the owner of Vacuum Sealers Unlimited.

As you can imagine she has all things Vacuum Sealers on her site. And if you haven't visited it in a while check it out as she recently had a face lift done on the site.

Lisa is always here to help how she can and answer your questions.

I know she will be along soon with the current discount code for SMF members.

Thanks for being a great sponsor Lisa.

Lisa our sponsor with vacuumsealers has Ultra bags that are std and BPA and plasticizer free. Great quality. Great prices.
thanks, I was looking through her site, she has lots of things there. not sure I want to buy a vacuum sealer right now, maybe down the road if I like the sous vide. basically just looking for a half decent bag to try it out.

thanks, I was looking through her site, she has lots of things there. not sure I want to buy a vacuum sealer right now, maybe down the road if I like the sous vide. basically just looking for a half decent bag to try it out.

I just use the regular BPA free Vacuum Bags.
Never had a problem.
Biggest thing is to not let the machine suck juices out as far as where the heat seal strip is. The juice or any grit, sand, or seasoning will keep the seal from forming properly.

Bear

Reactions: smokerjim
I just looked at the vacuum sealers unlimited site.

I didn't see any prices listed, just text saying call or email.

Can anyone with access to a PX let me know how the prices compare?
Thanks.

I just looked at the vacuum sealers unlimited site.

I didn't see any prices listed, just text saying call or email.

Can anyone with access to a PX let me know how the prices compare?
Thanks.
It's about a 4 click process. Click ultra bags and just follow along until you get the size you want

LisaB hasn't been on since mid Oct and I haven't seen any coupon codes....I'd call and see if she's offering one, can't hurt.

not sure I want to buy a vacuum sealer right now, maybe down the road if I like the sous vide. basically just looking for a half decent bag to try it out.
in that case, I have seen SV sites recommend freezer ziplock bags. you can get all the air out with water submersion. I have also seen folks leave the zipper part out of the water - assuming there is enough bag left unused. here is an article stating how ziplocks work jsut fine.

"... To get started with sous vide, regular old ziplock-style bags will do just fine. In fact, in some applications they are preferable to vacuum-sealed bags. "

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky