Son's Grad Party - Say A Prayer For Me!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You jumped in with both feet! I like it. If it were me since you have saved the liquid gold to mix in I would probably just warm the meat straight in the toaster pans and mix it in as needed.
My only worry about doing it that way is that there is so much meat, I would have to do it in many batches. And I'm afraid of making the meat too loose if I over work it.

Update on the freezer. Getting full. Serious cooking of sides starts tomorrow. The corn in the freezer came from 24+ ears for the corn salad side.

Also just finished 2 slabs of baby backs, chopped and de-boned and vac sealed. They'll be added to the pit beans on Friday.

Top left is the white cupcakes. Guess the wife found out about freezing them before thawing and defrosting. She still has to do the chocolate cupcakes.

Plus neighbor's daughter is a chef and she is doing 100s of cookies.

Ughh
20220712_215744.jpg

Tonight the wife is busily working on corn bread muffins, bacon for the pit beans and for candied bacon. I'm smoking the eggs for smoked deviled eggs.

Daughter asked if I was smoking pickles for the party. I am not. She was disappointed so I took the last of what was left in a jar and thew them in too.

Much more to come.

Cheers all!
20220714_182658.jpg
20220714_182525.jpg

Attachments

• 20220714_195454.jpg
    20220714_195454.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Tonight the wife is busily working on corn bread muffins, bacon for the pit beans and for candied bacon. I'm smoking the eggs for smoked deviled eggs.

Daughter asked if I was smoking pickles for the party. I am not. She was disappointed so I took the last of what was left in a jar and thew them in too.

Much more to come.

Cheers all!View attachment 637595View attachment 637596
smoking pickles and eggs....please elaborate when you have time.

So quick question if anyone's out there this afternoon...

Is it safe if I take my vac sealed pulled pork out of the freezer and put it into the fridge overnight, THEN put the bags in the roaster water bath to get the meat to temp?

Or is it best to go from frozen right into the hot water bath?

smoking pickles and eggs....please elaborate when you have time.
Sure, we absolutely love these things!

I found pre-hard boiled and shelled eggs at Sams for fairly cheap since we're doing so many, so I'm using them for the first time.
Cold smoke the eggs on a wire rack using a AMNPS with pellets. I move the pellets to one side and the eggs to the other so the smoke doesn't go up directly onto the eggs. Just find that they don't get as ugly that way.
I use apple pellets.
I smoke them for 1-2 hours, get them off the racks and right into the fridge until ready to either eat, or make into deviled eggs, or scotch eggs.
They make the BEST scotch eggs: Take some raw breakfast sausage and pack it around a whole smoked egg. Put that into an air fryer until the sausage is done (unsure of time). Incredible!

Last edited:
Reactions: clifish
So quick question if anyone's out there this afternoon...

Is it safe if I take my vac sealed pulled pork out of the freezer and put it into the fridge overnight, THEN put the bags in the roaster water bath to get the meat to temp?

Or is it best to go from frozen right into the hot water bath?
I do that all the time

Reactions: pi guy
Man you sure took on a big load with all this, I would not attempt this but my hat is off to you great planning as well as great cooking. After this is over you and the wife deserve a vacation.

Man you sure took on a big load with all this, I would not attempt this but my hat is off to you great planning as well as great cooking. After this is over you and the wife deserve a vacation.
Thank you. It was a total success! Labor of love...

But I'll never do this again!

:)

Amazing effort on you and your families part. And looks like you pulled it off. Thinking a tray of those eggs would be mine alone along with a double handful of that bacon.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky