Sonos ARC sound system.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Samsung has made these apps "built-in"
I have the same thing with my phone , but it does have an option to " Uninstall updates " .
I have 4 or 5 Samsung TV's , but only two are " smart " . The early ones . Can't get many updates for them .
I use firesticks on the other ones , and am constantly uninstalling apps that auto loaded .

S1 or S2 update?
Sonos OS: S2
Version: 16.1.1 (build 78152020)

Never really liked the layout on the phone. To me, the update was a big improvement for that.
Didn't see any change to the desktop app.

You obviously have a different environment having surround sound, where I have individual speakers.

Last edited:
Reactions: forktender
Sonos OS: S2
Version: 16.1.1 (build 78152020)

Never really liked the layout on the phone. To me, the update was a big improvement for that.
Didn't see any change to the desktop app.

You obviously have a different environment having surround sound, where I have individual speakers.
Exactly, my issue is with the app not recognizing my whole system. It only allows me to use the volume, bass, treble, and center channel height. So far there are zero distance settings, and switching from Sonos music back to TV I have to power the ARC and my TV down, and restart it. And the TV remotes don't control the music volume any longer, If I leave the house with my phone with music playing my wife is stuck with my music choice and volume level, unless she reboots the whole system, she's not too thrilled about that, or my metal music blaring.:emoji_laughing:

I have the first gen soundbar, sub, couple sonos 1s and 2 play 3s. Its awesome. No issues here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky