Sometimes it's just time to say goodbye.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When you get ready PM me the details on the vette my wife would love another one about that age
Will do give me until next week, driving to bring my daughter home from college this weekend in NC.

Does your wife like yellow?
vette.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
She would prefer the blue not sure about the yellow. She has had a black one and presently has a white one but I haven't fixed some things on her current one in a long time so she hasn't driven it for years now lol (I hate driving them and hate working on them even more)

She would prefer the blue not sure about the yellow. She has had a black one and presently has a white one but I haven't fixed some things on her current one in a long time so she hasn't driven it for years now lol (I hate driving them and hate working on them even more)
Yeah I hate working on them and never drive it but I hate selling cars more than anything

Reactions: fxsales1959
Was tired of the the close calls from idiots
Yeah - that kinda the same here. within a couple weeks we got massive speeding tickets and saw 6 motorcyclists killed. We had to ride around the body’s covered in sheets to get home. A driver went into oncoming traffic to avoid hitting a car, and took out 4 bikes, 2 were coupled up. We were about 1/2 from being in the exact spot going the same direction. That was about it. Time to call it.

Aside from all the other closes calls we had of course.

• Sad
Reactions: motocrash
I have been riding on two wheels for 53 years. Have visited 46 of the 63 US National Parks (56 you can actually ride to on two wheels), and finishing off the last 10 on a left coast Road Trip this coming summer. Rode a motorcycle from NJ to Alaska and back in 2017, and planning a return trip in 2023. I have found the geographical center of the U.S in Lebanon, Kansas; the geographical center of North America in Rugby, ND; and the geographical center of the Northwestern Hemisphere in Athens, Wisconsin. I have ridden in 49 of 50 States, 7 of 10 Canadian Provinces; and 1 of 3 Canadian Territories. Yes, retirement is GOOD! I can certainly understand what you must have felt when you parted with Suzi Q. She sure looks like a sweet ride!

Reactions: BigW. and SmokyMose
I had a Yamaha Stratoliner S...1900ccc of cruiser bike. Loved and miss that bike. But a single dad of a (at that time) 4 year old and being a trauma nurse, and riding the streets of Memphis with the idiots on 4 wheels convinced me I needed to sell it. On pretty days and I see a bike go by I do miss it. Good luck in your quest for a new cooker. Look forward to seeing what you get.
Jim

I've always loved the early 70s corvettes, but could never justify one when the kids were young. Now I can justify one since the kids are all grown up and moved on with their lives. However I stood by one last summer and thought to myself - How the heck would I get in and out of one of these. I have issues hitting my head getting out of my wifes Dodge Charger.

Bummed out
Chris

I've always loved the early 70s corvettes, but could never justify one when the kids were young. Now I can justify one since the kids are all grown up and moved on with their lives. However I stood by one last summer and thought to myself - How the heck would I get in and out of one of these. I have issues hitting my head getting out of my wifes Dodge Charger.

Bummed out
Chris
Amen Chris it's a royal pain getting in and out. I think your meant to get on the ground in a sitting position then just scoot your but over and in

Reactions: gmc2003
A driver went into oncoming traffic
The hillbilly women here on the twisty mountain roads think the whole road is theirs to use. The 3rd time I was in a corner and an oncoming car was centered on the line was enough for me. If I were in a car any of the times we would have hit 1/2 head on. Good thing I ALWAYS took the inside line, right hand corners - outside line, left hand in corners.

I'm perfectly capable of F-ing myself up on bikes, don't need any help....

The hillbilly women here on the twisty mountain roads think the whole road is theirs to use. The 3rd time I was in a corner and an oncoming car was centered on the line was enough for me. If I were in a car any of the times we would have hit 1/2 head on. Good thing I ALWAYS took the inside line, right hand corners - outside line, left hand in corners.

I'm perfectly capable of F-ing myself up on bikes, don't need any help....
I'm afraid I've been guilty myself. One time taking the long way home from work on Highway 39 from Martinsville to Avon (a twisty turny bikers dream) I noticed a half dozen bikes on my tail. Looked like Triumphs and BSAs. Must have been a club.
I thought well these boys want to play so I goosed Suzi. I was all over that 2 lane road. I finally looked in the mirror to see them turning onto a side road. They probably thought "This guy is nuts!" and after thinking about it I had to agree with them.
If a car had been coming around one of those turns that would have been the end of things.
Like I said, I've been lucky. Time to hang it up.

Reactions: motocrash
Look forward to seeing what you get.
I wound up getting an Oklahoma Joe Highland at Lowes, to be delivered tomorrow. I was wanting something vertical but all anyone has are pellet or charcoal cookers and I've gotten hooked on splits. It's a bit smaller than the CharGriller but I wanted something smaller.

Suzi Q and I met in 2004 and hit it off immediately. Untold hours were spent together with a lot of fond memories. Alas, as I aged I couldn't give her the attention I used to.
We didn't get out together at all last year. It was time to let her go.....
She's hanging out now with a younger man just a couple of houses away.
View attachment 630339 View attachment 630340

Another sad goodbye:
My "Trusty Rusty" offset didn't make it through the winter.
View attachment 630342 View attachment 630343 Firebox lid hinge rusted solid.
It's being picked up this afternoon along with my old gasser that only gets used for cold smoking once or twice a year.View attachment 630345

Thanks to Suzi, however, I now have six crisp $100 bills to play with and am looking for a new smoker, hopefully something vertical taking up less patio space that I can also use for cold smoking.
Life goes on. :emoji_sunglasses:
I survived the late 70's on an H2 widow-maker. The guy i sold it to terminated himself with a second gear flip-over. I promised to never buy a bike again. worked in a Kawasaki shop. in the 70's

Attachments

• IMG-7285.JPG
    IMG-7285.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 9
Sure can relate to all. Have riden bikes, mostly sport gsxrs,r1 and such for mo then 50 years. Had a few close calls and the only serious one's were on the race track. Stay safe but have fun.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky