Some venison jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks folks.
smile.gif

This batch turned out pretty tasty...wish I would have made more.
biggrin.gif

I made some deer jerky out of hind quarters last week. I would say I wish I would have made more, but...., the more I make, the more they eat. So, it's kind of nice to use the quarters of 1 deer at a time. More jerky to last until this coming year. Just FYI, I use the Hi Mountain pepper seasoning.

Jerky looked great. I'm sure you enjoyed it. Take care and keep up the good work, Greg

Thanks Greg.
smile.gif

Is the Hi Mountain pepper seasoning a dry seasoning or do you mix with liquid? Just curious...I've never tried it.

Awesome looking jerky cowgirl. Great idea using the skewers.

By the way, my order of Morton's TQ finally came in. I'll be using your Canadian Bacon recipe tomorrow for this weekend's smoke.

Thanks for the info Tim...I need to give it a try.
smile.gif

Seboke, thanks!
Those skewers work for me...I can get several slices of meat on each one. Beats the heck outta toothpicks.
biggrin.gif

Good luck with the bacon, hope it turns out well for ya.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Will let everyone know with q-view! Will definitely give you the proper accolades!

Nice looking jerky!

So my first smoker arrives tomorow and I have some deer and elk in the freezer that I want to make into jerky. Could you give me a little more detail about what you did?

What temp was the smoker and how did you know when enough was enough?

thanks much

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky