Snack sticks didn't turn out good! Need advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would still rather go with more of a lean ratio.
Joe , I've never had luck with store bought ground beef . Others like the sticks I've made with it , but just something I don't like about it .
Been buying a lot of beef knuckle and other large beef cuts from GFS . I saved the trim from from a brisket and some bottom round and ground it up for sticks .
Extremely lean . Best sticks I've ever made .
20200421_091956.jpg
I like mine " dried " These were smoked to 152 ish then wrapped in pink paper and held in a 36 degree fridge for 3 or 4 weeks .

Reactions: tallbm
Joe , I've never had luck with store bought ground beef . Others like the sticks I've made with it , but just something I don't like about it .
Been buying a lot of beef knuckle and other large beef cuts from GFS . I saved the trim from from a brisket and some bottom round and ground it up for sticks .
Extremely lean . Best sticks I've ever made .
View attachment 496297
I like mine " dried " These were smoked to 152 ish then wrapped in pink paper and held in a 36 degree fridge for 3 or 4 weeks .
Those look great! I'm going to have to try pink paper for 3-4 weeks. I was thinking I needed a certain amount of fat for decent and dry beef sticks, but it looks like you've disproved that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky