Smoking some cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

carson627

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Nashville, TN
Well it's finally cool enough in Nashville to try some cheese.  The "cold spell" won't last long.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
  I've got some Parm, Asiago, Colby Jack, Mozz and a tomato-basil Cheddar.  Loaded the A-maze-n smoker with apple.  Will see how it goes.

Ya'll have a great Labor day!

Carson

99b5ee24_cheese.jpg

Hope ya have a great smoke and enjoy the cooler temps. I'm looking forward to smoking some cheese myself if it ever cools off down here 

Make a pencil map of what you have.  Sometimes after they get smoked, its not as easy to tell.

Do you have a foodsaver vacumn to seal them up to cure for two weeks?

Our temp today was 90F +, but tomorrow is supposed to be only about 80F.  I'd be smoking cheese except that I have quite a load in the spare frig that needs to cure for another week before we can do a taste test.

Good luck with it -- I'd recommend doing one row of the AMNS for a longer time.  Two rows and the middle lit up can raise the temp from 80 to 95 or more.  One row will give a longer gentler smoke without raising the temp as much.

Nice start and can't wait for the end product.

While you're at it, throw some coarse salt on a paper plate and you'll end up with some nice smoked cheese.

I really like Dale's Map Idea.

Todd

Last edited:
Hi guys,

The cheese looked fantastic and tastes awfully darn good too.  I'm letting it rest for the next week or so.  I don't have a food saver yet, but I understand that the Birthday fairy has one on the way.

Thanks for looking!

Carson

9bfa815b_finishedchees.jpg

Congrats on a great cheese smoke - you are now officially hooked

Great job! We are getting a few cooler days and I can't wait to get some cheese smokin'! I've been wondering about the Asiago myself. Looking forward to see what you have to say about it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky