Smoking Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jp4lsu

Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Ft Worth
I wanting to smoke some un-cooked sausage. I'm tire of going to the store and buying pre-smoked sausage. I want to do it myself.

What are the basics?
Is there a topic dedicated to this already that I can read?
Thank you for the help.
Later,
Jody

yo jp4lsu,

i m o
a good beginning -
to learn about sausage making--
is our brother forum member steve gaskins
free E-BOOK...
his site is
http://www.buildabbq.com/
click on sausage when you get there....

then its off to the library

true smoked sausage is a little more difficult than fresh...

before anything---
try some fatties

have some fun

Thanks Larry and Debi.
Larry I will check the website out.

I tried to smoke a couple of links last night. I somewhat followed Debi's process, but I forgot to spray the links with water.

After I pulled the links out the smoker the casings got wrinkly and a bit rubbery. Does spraying the water on the links after the smoker eliminate that problem?

There wasn't a lot of smoke flavor in the sausage so I don't know if its worth the wait and hassle.

I will try it again.

Sunday I'm cooking a brisket but I have some good sausage to cook also. Since the brisket will be on 225-230° all day can I cook the sausage in that temp or should I just slow cook them on my grill seperately?

Thanks again guys.

Thanks Larry and Debi.
Larry I will check the website out.

I tried to smoke a couple of links last night. I somewhat followed Debi's process, but I forgot to spray the links with water.

After I pulled the links out the smoker the casings got wrinkly and a bit rubbery. Does spraying the water on the links after the smoker eliminate that problem?

There wasn't a lot of smoke flavor in the sausage so I don't know if its worth the wait and hassle.

I will try it again.

Sunday I'm cooking a brisket but I have some good sausage to cook also. Since the brisket will be on 225-230° all day can I cook the sausage in that temp or should I just slow cook them on my grill seperately?

Thanks again guys.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky