Smoking Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jp4lsu

Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Ft Worth
I wanting to smoke some un-cooked sausage. I'm tire of going to the store and buying pre-smoked sausage. I want to do it myself.

What are the basics?
Is there a topic dedicated to this already that I can read?
Thank you for the help.
Later,
Jody

yo jp4lsu,

i m o
a good beginning -
to learn about sausage making--
is our brother forum member steve gaskins
free E-BOOK...
his site is
http://www.buildabbq.com/
click on sausage when you get there....

then its off to the library

true smoked sausage is a little more difficult than fresh...

before anything---
try some fatties

have some fun

Thanks Larry and Debi.
Larry I will check the website out.

I tried to smoke a couple of links last night. I somewhat followed Debi's process, but I forgot to spray the links with water.

After I pulled the links out the smoker the casings got wrinkly and a bit rubbery. Does spraying the water on the links after the smoker eliminate that problem?

There wasn't a lot of smoke flavor in the sausage so I don't know if its worth the wait and hassle.

I will try it again.

Sunday I'm cooking a brisket but I have some good sausage to cook also. Since the brisket will be on 225-230° all day can I cook the sausage in that temp or should I just slow cook them on my grill seperately?

Thanks again guys.

Thanks Larry and Debi.
Larry I will check the website out.

I tried to smoke a couple of links last night. I somewhat followed Debi's process, but I forgot to spray the links with water.

After I pulled the links out the smoker the casings got wrinkly and a bit rubbery. Does spraying the water on the links after the smoker eliminate that problem?

There wasn't a lot of smoke flavor in the sausage so I don't know if its worth the wait and hassle.

I will try it again.

Sunday I'm cooking a brisket but I have some good sausage to cook also. Since the brisket will be on 225-230° all day can I cook the sausage in that temp or should I just slow cook them on my grill seperately?

Thanks again guys.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky