Smoking paprika powder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Didn’t see anyone mention what wood they use? At the moment I have chunks in apple, hickory, mesquite, cherry (on the way), and just stumbled onto Orange (which could be interesting) … also chips in alder, pecan … all the foregoing requiring some amount of heat in the Smokin-It … have to check my pellets inventory … guessing best to use those and a tube Or make dust and use a tray.

Suggestions/experiences?
I've done it with all of my smokers, offset, drum, kettle, pellet puker even on my Weber gas grill with chips and a foil pouch full of chips and dust. Do whatever you need to do to get smoke on it without a lot of heat say under 220*.

Personally, I like to cold smoke it using a maze with dust in anything with a cover on it. I mainly use my Camp Chef Pellet grill. I put the tray on the second level rack because it is closer to the exhaust outlet height, so it gets good and smokey. I will run anywhere from 2-4 mazes of dust or 2-4 tubes of pellets.

I use Oak, Pecan, Hickory, Cherry or Apple if I want a lighter smoke profile.

After it's comes off the smoker I place the whole tray into the oven with the oven light on in the winter but this time of year you could put it anywhere as long as it's covered and has airspace around it until it's 100% dry. I leave it in the oven with the light on overnight, the light tells everyone there is something in there, it works for me.

Try it out, it's as easy as smoking salt.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky