• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

smoking/frying turkey question

julliette

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 6, 2013
Has anyone ever smoked a turkey for 2-3 hours and finish off in a electric turkey fryer?  I was thinking of brining 12 # turkey in a buttermilk brine over night then smoking at 250 degree in electric smoker for a couple hours from there into fryer until done. 165 degrees.

any suggestions on this?????

Thank You

Jullie

twistedx

Joined Apr 30, 2013
Yes I have.  It was a neat experiment, but I prefer just smoking it.  You really don't get the best of both worlds like I was hoping for.  And in the past I preferred fried because of the juiciness. But I love smoked for the flavor.  I can now achieve both by injecting the bird and watching the temps very close.

eman

Rest in peace. Lost but not forgotten!!
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
I like Smo-fried turkey and chicken. Your method sounds good I don't use buttermilk but use pop's brine. smoke 3 hrs and into 375 degree peanut oil till done.  .

julliette

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 6, 2013
thanks for the input...I'm always wanting to try different methods of smoking/ cooking.

Have a great Thanksgiving

julliette

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 6, 2013
I was thinking of trying this with a chicken first...but time flys by sooo fast, not sure if I'm going to get it done.  Thanks for the input...have a great Thanksgiving

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.