Smoking for the working man

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

3rivers smoke

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 3, 2021
So not having a big chunk of time to do a full cooking session I found some baby back rib portions and a presliced precooked lunch ham. Smoking temp was 250° finish smoke time was 3 and half hours. I used olive oil as a binder for the rib portions and two different rubs. Salt,pepper, garlick and paprika and a new that I got called the grind, which has coffee mixed in with other ingredients. For the ham I wanted a barbecue flavor so I used sweet baby rays original and added apple cider vinegar, Texas Pete hot sauce, catchup, and cyanne pepper. The ribs were done when they had reached 190°. First time doing rib portions and they excellent only thing I would remove the membrane. It was too late by the time realized I had forgot to. That being they were still very good

Attachments

• 20210824_162448.jpg
    20210824_162448.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210824_183806.jpg
    20210824_183806.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210824_194145.jpg
    20210824_194145.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20210824_195929.jpg
    20210824_195929.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 37
All looks good to me!
I don't fret about the membrane. If it comes off easily I'll pull it off. If it's a hassle I blow it off.
Never really noticed a difference....
I never thought about doing a small sliced ham. I'm going to give it a go!

They look fantastic!
The membrane will hold in the juices in the ribs & when they are done it will peel off very easily, before you slice them up.
Al
Thank you. I didn't about that. I was more worried about them being fall off the bone or really tuff

All looks good to me!
I don't fret about the membrane. If it comes off easily I'll pull it off. If it's a hassle I blow it off.
Never really noticed a difference....
I never thought about doing a small sliced ham. I'm going to give it a go!
Yeah the ham is really all your wanting to do is to get the smoke flavor into it, you can also do a glase. That's really good too. I use the ham slices for my lunch during the week

3rivers, that's a heck of a good cook!!! Thanks for sharing with us. :emoji_thumbsup:

They look fantastic!
The membrane will hold in the juices in the ribs & when they are done it will peel off very easily, before you slice them up.
Al
I did not know that, thanks AL, I appreciate your knowledge. Once again, that is what I love about this forum. I learned something every time I log on.

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky