Smokin in Mexico

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Justin Case;56671 said:
Hey, Im a new member writing from Northern Mexico, where we eat a lot of GOAT! I am building a custom smoker and will try this local favorite and let everyone know how it turns out. Typically goat is a very tough meat, as you can imagine, and I believe smoking it is the ideal way to cook it, although it will require lots of mops to keep it from drying out.

Howdy Justin from Texas, I was in Monterrey last year and had the Cabrito Pasteur. Kid goat smoked on a plank. Good stuff there, perhaps you could give us an idea of how that is done. Welcome.
NavionJim

Welcome aboard! We love recipes here! I can't remember what his name is right now, but we have a Texan that has a goat farm and does a lot of smoking. I don't think I've seen a post by him for a while now though...anyway, look forward to seeing recipes and posts on your smoking!

Welcome Justin, Haven't ried goat yet, Been overseas before and did't ask what we were served in some countries.
Mike

Welcome JC!

I actually know a few Tampa folks around here that do goat every once in a while - apparently that's big in Cuba too. Next time I talk to them I'll bring it up and see if I can find anything out about how they do it.

Heck, we might end up needing to add another topic category for Goat and get a little "goat rodeo" of our own going on here!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky