Smoker Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emanuell

Original poster
Dec 4, 2018
Hello

Which type of grill is best for smoking meat?

Who knows this method and can explain to me how it works and for which food it is particularly suitable?

Thank you!

Grilling is high heat and different than smoking which is low heat. I suggest reading the many posts regarding wood smokers, electric smokers, gassers, etc. I would also watch youtube videos on smoking to get a visual idea of how things work, the meat folks smoke, and the preparation that goes into producing good grub. The equipment you choose will be largely personal and based upon budget.

Hi
We have a Smoker Grill (Yoder 1500 )for years. Is very versatile, we keep it outside and it doesn't not rust, like the cheap ones from the hardware store. You can find a lot of useful information about smoker grills on this website
I personally don't think you could go wrong with the MAK, Yoder, or FEC. I have like I said before the Y1500 and am very pleased. I love that I can get a giant brisket, set it up in the evening and go to bed. Wake up in the morning and just enjoy as she keeps chugging along.
Hope I could help you a little bit :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ofelles
If your looking for a grill that you can also smoke with i would deffinatly second second the Weber Kettle.
A great price to quality ratio, very versatile, and a seemingly infinite supply of advice from others who use it. I doubt anyone has ever regretted purchasing a kettle.

My Weber performer Kettle will be the last cooker to leave my property after my death ,id take it with me but lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky