Smoker Build Blossoms into Massive Outdoor Kitchen Project

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3998.JPG

The photo below shows me preparing to cast the roof of the smoker chamber. I used hardie backer boards to suspend the cement as it hardened. I shaped it to slope the interior of the roof towards the walls, so that any moisture on the inside of the chamber during a smoke goes to the walls and no chance of dripping onto the goodness.
IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_3782.JPG

IMG_3783.JPG

IMG_3985.JPG

IMG_4054.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3629.JPG
    IMG_3629.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 28
Your backyard set up is better than most of the restaurants I've ever been in. Pretty amazing. My OSHA buddy says that ladder in the bucket method is totally ok. Nobody has ever gotten hurt doing it that way.

Reactions: forktender
With all due respect to everyone else on this board, that is the most amazing build I have ever seen. Is there anything you didn't do?

I was already totally in love with it, but when I saw the TV set, I thought, "wow, this guy is good!"

Reactions: Fade2Blacc
As someone with 2 kids under 3 myself I am utterly amazed you got this done. I'm lucky I even had enough extra time to read this thread much less build something even half as awesome as this. Well done!

Thanks again. I haven't logged on in a few weeks. I am not a mason, contractor or anything, just a guy who has lofty goals. As my wife would joke, it might take me forever to get it done, but I do and know it's done right, haha. I learned lots from builds on this site, along with the polish website that's referenced on here quite a bit. I nitpick myself so much that I'm truly humbled by the compliments.

Yes (Chris) I am located near the triangle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky