Smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoken dave

Original poster
Nov 1, 2016
Kalama,WA
I am almost finished building my cold smoke smokehouse. I am looking for a good Bluetooth thermometer with multiple probes. Does anyone have suggestions? I have been looking at the Weber iGrill2, but so far it has many bad reviews.

Last edited:
I am almost finished building my cold smoke smokehouse. I am looking for a good Bluetooth thermometer with multiple probes. Does anyone have suggestions? I have been looking at the Weber iGrill2, but so far it has many bad reviews.
While it's more expensive than the iGrill, the Tappecue is HARD to beat.  4 probes, wifi capability, app for your phone (with alarms), graphical and text representations of your cooks, and VERY accurate.  That's all I use now and I've bought just about all other types on the market, including the iGrill (all 3 versions).

I was just looking at that one, looks great. Can you use the meat probes for ambient temperature? They are all the same right?

I was just looking at that one, looks great. Can you use the meat probes for ambient temperature? They are all the same right?
All of the probes are the same type.  4 different outlets and you choose what each one is for in the app.  

I use one for chamber temp and then 1-3 of the others for meats.  In the past I've left one outside of the pit and it did read the ambient outdoor temperature.

What I love about it is that I can start a brisket or butt and leave the house and see what my pit temp and meat temp is.  I've been at work before and had the alarm go off that the meat was close to done.  At that point, I called home, had my wife adjust the pit and let it basically rest in a warm pit until I got home an hour or so later.

While it's more expensive than the iGrill, the Tappecue is HARD to beat.  4 probes, wifi capability, app for your phone (with alarms), graphical and text representations of your cooks, and VERY accurate.  That's all I use now and I've bought just about all other types on the market, including the iGrill (all 3 versions).

Hey Dave, Have you finished your smokehouse? I was wondering if you have any posts / pics of your build, I am also looking to build one and wondering what style / type you went with.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky