Smoked Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

D.W.

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
Should have gotten plated pictures, but didn't.... Brined a 13.5lb bird for 24hrs, I work off of Ree Drummond's brine recipe. Pull it out of the brine, rinsed, dried, and let sit out for 2 hours. I put an herb butter under the skin that is fresh chopped oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and white pepper (herbs are the dark spots under the skin). Smoked at 215F for 2 hours and then cranked it up to 325F for 1.5 hours with cherry and oak wood (I was all out of apple 😥), until breast IT was 160. I brushed a mix of bacon fat, butter, onion powder, and granulated garlic on it every 30 minutes. Best turkey by far, juicy, tender, and amazing flavor.
20201126_124112.jpg

20201126_124106.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky