Smoked Turkey Half Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dunstablegrizzly

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 25, 2019
Dunstable, MA
Wife picked up a half turkey breast as that's all they had at the grocerie store as everyone is panic buying again. Anyway added some herbs and spices from the cupboard and let it sit in the fridge for 3 hours. Dont know why the pick of the seasoned bird looked so bright in the pic! Also melted some butter, added garlic and onion powder, then injected the breast in several places. My supervisor was keeping an eye on me lol.

Got the weber kettle set up at 300 with some pecan wood chunks. Smoked the breast until 165, 2-1/4 hours, and let it rest for a bit. Served with some spanish rice and peas along with some leftover cranberry sauce.

Turned out great even the misses liked it and she really doesn't care for Turkey.

Attachments

• 20200327_134238.jpg
    20200327_134238.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 38
  • EFFECTS.jpg
    EFFECTS.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 38
Looks great! I'm doing my first turkey breast tomorrow or Sunday. Did you brine? I'm undecided...
No I didn't brine. Just rub and let it sit in the fridge for a few. Right before I put it in the kettle I injected with melted butter seasoning I made. The breast was very moist and had flavor throughout.

I've never really bothered with brine mainly because I'm lazy.

Looking forward to hear about your cook tomorrow or Sunday. Keep us posted.

I'm lazy too. Think I'll do the injection with something similar and see how it turns out without the brine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky