Smoked Steak Stuffed Poblanos (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No. Been bumming around the lake and river a lot lately and no doing much cooking. I did do Jeff Zucchini Boats which I did today. Got enough for a week!

Last edited:
Dang Robert, those look delicious. I really like the filling. We stuff poblano often, but this one I’m going to try for sure.

Are you serious? You got snow?

Well the only thing you'd have to do is make a long stay while here to make it worth the trip...so come on down buddy!! We'd be honored to have you for a few weeks...and I promise, no snow to deal with :emoji_laughing:

Robert

No Robert I kind of thought you were joking so I went with it .
It is still high 80's and low 90's here every other day,

I have always wanted to go to Texas, Arizona, and a very good friend of mine is from Montana. And always wanted Mona and I to go to his area and Camp by horseback through the Bob Marshal wilderness that his fathers land backed on.

So much to do , but so little time

David

Another great meal Robert!
We stuff poblanos a lot, but I have to say I have never stuffed one with steak. WOW, that is just over the top!
Al

Dang Robert, those look delicious. I really like the filling. We stuff poblano often, but this one I’m going to try for sure.
Very much appreciate the kind words. It was another shoot from the hip meal that just happened to come out really well. Got a couple different variations in mind I want to try.

Robert

No Robert I kind of thought you were joking so I went with it .
It is still high 80's and low 90's here every other day,
Whew....I was in fact joking and glad you were also. I'd hate to think you were still getting snow, but ya just never know what may happen when you're north of the Arctic Circle like you are :emoji_laughing:
I have always wanted to go to Texas, Arizona, and a very good friend of mine is from Montana.
Well come on down!! You know you're welcome here. Also some great folks in AZ that might open their doors for you. Montana is on my bucket list too, quite possibly next year. Tracy is wanting to get out and see some of the country. We're leaving next Thursday to head east into the Great Smokey Mountains. Gonna have dinner Thursday with TNJAKE TNJAKE on Thursday and SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan and his wife either Friday or Saturday.

Robert

Another great meal Robert!
We stuff poblanos a lot, but I have to say I have never stuffed one with steak. WOW, that is just over the top!
Thanks very much Al. I've done stuffed peppers before but this one was totally off the wall, but still very good. Steak went well with the pepper but all the melted cheese is really what set it over the top.

Robert

YES, YES, and YES!! I've been wanting to do some myself, but lately I can't find any decent looking peppers. I'm on a mission now...

Whew....I was in fact joking and glad you were also. I'd hate to think you were still getting snow, but ya just never know what may happen when you're north of the Arctic Circle like you are :emoji_laughing:

Well come on down!! You know you're welcome here. Also some great folks in AZ that might open their doors for you. Montana is on my bucket list too, quite possibly next year. Tracy is wanting to get out and see some of the country. We're leaving next Thursday to head east into the Great Smokey Mountains. Gonna have dinner Thursday with TNJAKE TNJAKE on Thursday and SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan and his wife either Friday or Saturday.

Robert
Bonnie has been saying the same thing, we have done the all inclusives in too many Islands and not seen much here other than the North East or FL.

We are trying to get to TN to scope out possible retirement areas, also want to see out west (Not CA).

We are trying to get to TN to scope out possible retirement areas
Interesting. We are heading to TN next Thursday for a vacay. Gonna see the sights and while there have dinner with TNJAKE TNJAKE as well as SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan Should be a fun trip. Got all sorts of fun stuff planned. Might rent a motorcycle to ride the Tail of the Dragon, the Cherohala Sky Way, and Hell Bender 28. Rode out there a few years ago with a couple friends and it's some amazing country. 8 days, 8 states, and just over 4,000 miles. Was one heck of a trip!!

Robert

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Our good friend clifish clifish posted a couple of Mexican themed meals recently and one of them had poblano peppers as a primary ingredient. I planned to make the same thing Cliff posted and had Tracy grab some from the store last weekend. When I saw those gorgeous peppers, I had to change direction and do something different. It just seemed a travesty to chop them all to pieces so came up with a different game plan.

The peppers with the tops cut off and cleaned out
View attachment 641300

Cut up some jalapenos and onions. Into a skillet with some EVOO, fresh minced garlic, and a sprinkle of my Mexican spice blend
View attachment 641301

The steak. A little NY Strip
View attachment 641302

Steak cut up and into a pan with a bit more of my Mexican spice mix and sprinkle of Sazon Goya
View attachment 641303

Got some homemade rice going. Used brown rice, beef broth, some cut up poblano pepper from the caps I cut out, and spices
View attachment 641304

Meat, onions, jalapenos in a bowl with a couple ounces of cream cheese
View attachment 641305

Mix it all up to make....well....a mess
View attachment 641306

Stuff the meat and veggie mixture into the peppers. Don't be shy. Go ahead and stuff as much as humanly possible into the peppers
View attachment 641307

And some cheddar cheese, of course
View attachment 641308

Onto the smoker at 285
View attachment 641309

A little pecan wood TBS rolling
View attachment 641310

About 25 minutes they are hot throughout and the peppers are getting where we like them: starting to soften but still some texture to them
View attachment 641311

Plated with the rice, some guac, and warm torts
View attachment 641312

Inside: lots of ooey, gooey, melted cheesiness
View attachment 641313

Quick, simple, and painless. This was a very easy meal but it was really good. Loved the uniqueness of it and it's always fun to have something new and different on the menu.These came out really well and we were both impressed at how good they were for such a minimal amount of time and effort. I'm believing these will become part of the regular rotation, and for good reason.

Thanks so much for dropping in and apologies for this being an inside meal....well except for smoking the peppers. Another blazing hot day and after being outside in it for many hours, I was ready for a break. Y'all take care and enjoy the upcoming weekend. I might be taking Tracy on a trip to visit some of her favorite wineries tomorrow. Been a while and she needs a treat.

Robert
excellent recipe and instructions. I need to try this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky