Smoked pumpkin bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
northern NJ
As stated in the pumpkin seed post here is what was done with the rest of the pumpkin
I bought a couple of pie pumpkins after seeing something reminding people that pumpkins are not just for decoration but can be eaten.
So into the smoker the havled and "gutted" pumpkins go for 2 hours at 275 with apple chips, I wanted to use pecan but didn't have any.
DSCF3429.JPG
DSCF3430.JPG
used this recipe to make the puree i did add water to help smooth it out sorry no pictures of that
Pumpkin Puree Recipe | Alton Brown | Food Network

used this recipe for the bread substituted my puree in
Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Allrecipes.com
DSCF3434.JPG

After the oven for about 70 minutes
DSCF3435.JPG

I second it looks great!! I love anything pumpkin. Can you taste a hint of smoke in the bread?

thanks tasted pretty good very little smoke taste, will see if it improves over the next few days.

it did not come out as smoky as i hoped, next time which will be soon i'm going to put the batter in the smoker for an hour or so, them finish in the oven.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky