Smoked Pickled Egg's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamminjimi

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Loveland CO
Well such a delimma early on a Saturday morning. Where to put my pickled egg Qview. So here it is in poultry. My only unanswered question for you'all is which came first the chicken or the egg? Been playing around with smoked pickled egg's. Man they are good. So here is what I have a leftover jar of pickle juice add garlic, jalepenos and sweet cherry pepper's with juice. Smoked eggs for 2 hours at 210* pecan wood.

I have now smoked about 3 dozen egg's. I just love the color nice and brown.

Here they are peeled still have a nice tan color.

Now they must swim for about a week.

Enjoy the Qview and I hope I picked the right area. Seemed logical to me!!!

Nice!
I love smoked eggs but have yet to pickle them afterwards.
How does the smoke flavor hold up after taking a long swim in the brine?

Also have you ever made your own brine to use with the eggs? If so did it make the smoked eggs taste any different?
Or do you just use the left over pickle juice???

Later...

Brekar...

Honestly I think smoking them is a novelty. I taste no smoke at all. Next time I may try mesquite a heavier smoke. I like the color and cooking in my garage and an adult beverage. That is my motivation. Enjoy!!

I agree, I never taste much smoke on mine either. Still, always nice to get a couple done while smoking meats. I would be interested in your pickling recipe, if it's one you're cool with sharing. Great idea here!

I'm betting it was the Rooster.
icon_redface.gif

BC

If done this way I think you would be able to taste more smoke. I have never tried because than I would have to use the wifes kitchen. Cooking in garage is better for me.

I just used pickle juice and juice from the sweet cherry peppers. I also used just a little vineager. But I do have a recipe but I am not the author. I found it when I was making egg's for St. Patty. Here it is it is from this forum so take possession if it is yours. Maybe Dutch looking at the end.

Pickled Eggs
Jalapenos Pickled EggsThis is the down and dirty way and the fastest I know of...

You will need...

1 Dozen Large Eggs
1 26 Oz Can Jalapenos (Sliced or Whole) I prefer whole
1 Small can of Jalapenos
1 Med Onion Cut Into 1/4's
1 lb. Baby Carrots Leave Whole
3- 4 Stalks Celery Chopped Into 2" pieces
Several cloves of GarlicEnough white vinegar to top off jar
64 Oz Jug or Jar

Boil your eggs, shell and add to jar with veggies... Pour in peppers and all the juice till covered...

If you want it a little more spice to it ...Chop some of the whole jalapenos and put in with the eggs...
Place in the frig for a week or two... two weeks seems to be the best... They will last up to 2 months

I think Dutch posted this. I failed to write down the poster. It works great.

"I agree, I never taste much smoke on mine either."

These "smoked" eggs were a serious point of contention in my smoking experience and our trips to the store, when ever we would approach the egg section she would start laughing, I would politely ask her if we needed cat food and while she was in that isle I would put the eggs in the cart. She would come back with the cat food and notice the carton of eggs and snicker, ..."I heard that!"

I tried smoking them in the GOSM and the WSM, I even put them in the WSM before it was up to temp and billowing white smoke, ...nothing, ...but snickering.

However, I have learned the secret for delicious smoked deviled eggs and will willingly share it with you all, smoke eggs in smoker as usual, prepare them deviled style with mayo, dry mustard, salt, pepper AND a 1/2 teaspoon of mesquite flavored liquid smoke, ...added only while the wife's not looking, and then serve them with the food off the smoker, ...stopped the snickering and I've never told her how I did it.

I am the king in my house, ...until I run out of liquid smoke. LOL

Amazing what we have to be sneaky about. Sniping smoked egg's who would have thunk. Nice!!!! Snickering at you
biggrin.gif

JamminJimi Hey man here is a recipe i use to pickle eggs and if you like red wine vinegar the red wine vinegar really soaks into the white of the egg and makes them look like burgandy colored easter eggs. that is wild that you can just put a raw egg on the smoker and no screamin chickens were heard later. Hehehehehehehe

here is my jar pckled egg recipe.

place as many eggs as you wish to pickle and do the boiling process and remove shells of course and place eggs in pickling jar and add water to cover 1 to 2 inches above eggs. remove eggs. measure water from jar in order to replace same amount with mixture of 3/4 red wine vinegar and 1/4 water. place vinegar mixture in saucepan. for each qt of vinegar mixture add one dried red pepper, 1 clove of garlic, 4 peppercorns, 2whole cloves, and 1 inch piece of gingerroot, quartered. bring to boil, reduce heat simmer 5 minutes and let cool to room temperature.

place eggs into pickling jar i use a one gallon glass jug. pour vinegar mixture over eggs cover tightly, let stand at least one week. open every day during first week to let fumes escape. after a week or so the odor will disappear. enjoy!  the whites turn a nice burgandy color from the red wine vinegar and they are awesome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky