Smoked Nopales / Cactus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gregr

Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
Has anyone tried smoking Nopales? Any tips on time and temperature for a few average sized pieces? I know the “slime” oozes out as they cook. Would I want to pre-cook in an oven to improve the texture before smoking, or possibly ramp up the temp at the end of smoking?

Any tips appreciated. It’s time to make some smoked Nopales tacos!

Reactions: ChuxPick
Wow, I live in the dessert and never knew the stuff was even edible, thanks for posting! A little research showed me there's no end to how cactus can be used, I can find loads of the stuff in my neighbors front yard. RAY

Search - Allrecipes.com

Reactions: jcam222
I still haven’t done this but I’m finally just going to experiment this weekend and see what happens. I’ll report my results.

I still haven’t done this but I’m finally just going to experiment this weekend and see what happens. I’ll report my results.
BD02422C-C82E-4DCF-9C9F-CAE41EB8E187.png

Reactions: smokin peachey
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky