Smoked hot sauce banana chips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Magic Meat

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 25, 2020
Charlton MA
Just figured since I had the cold smoker running for some bacon I might as well put some bananas in it lol. I may have had a couple cocktails before making the choice to do so.. Sliced them about 1/4", dipped them in lemon juice, laid them out and trying to find the best hot sauce for them. Did 1/3 of them with sriracha, 1/3 with Frank's buffalo wing sauce and 1/3 with Chalula mexican..
Put them in the cold smoker at 67deg. for 2 1/2 hrs. With a 50/50 apple hickory then put them in the dehydrator.
I will report back when they are done hahahaa.
20200703_200756.jpg
20200703_200804.jpg
20200703_200810.jpg
20200703_203038.jpg
20200704_010156.jpg

Reactions: kruizer
Not gonna lie it sounds insane lol. Thing is sometimes insane ideas turn out delcious. How were they?

Reactions: TNJAKE
Interesting...I've had banana & blue cheese pizza before. It was surprisingly good, so I'm holding out hope for these chips.

So it took forever for them to dry for some strange reason, maybe just the 80/90% humidity we have had for the last week. They are still a little leathery, kind of like a hard fruit rollup texture.
I must say they are pretty good ! Definitely a unique flavor combination that dosen't clash like one would think. The smoke shines through just enough to tell they are smoked but not overpowering the banana/hotsauce profile. Out of the three sauces I must say I like the Sriracha the best, I think because it is a meaty thick type sauce it takes to the dehydrating better and almost adds some additional texture. Although it's not quite a sit down on the couch with a pile of them and eat like Doritos lol.
More of a interesting novelty. They would definitely make a good unique addition to a number of dishes though, I wouldn't hesitate to dice some up and toss some into potato salad, or chop some up and hide them under the cheese on a cheeseburger for a unique flavor.
Nice !!
I will make them again !
20200706_143208.jpg

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Cold smoked dehydrated banana hot sauce chips...how many drinks did it take to come up with that? Lol JK that an awesome idea glad to hear they turned out good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky