Smoked Corned Beef Advice Needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cool, I'd like that Sandy. It would be nice if it reached temp right around five, since I've become a shut-in I like to start my drinkin' around three. RAY
Jealous! I am still driving to work each day...jealous of the stay at homers.

Right around the five hour mark I refilled the water reservoir on the SnS and added a few more coals and decided to let the temperature ride up into the 250º-260º range the rest of the cook. I say right now the Slow-n-Sear is a great accessory to have with a Weber kettle, I love it and it really expands the kettle's possibilities. At 5:40, right about the ten hour mark, the TP-20 was reading 203º and it toothpick probed like soft butter, pulled it.
DSCN1683.JPG

I let it rest covered loosely with foil on the counter for 30 minutes while I wrapped up the cocktail HOURS. I wiped off the loose bark with a paper towel, sliced and sampled, I was happy!
DSCN1685.JPG

Made a sanny with my homemade burger bun, some cheddar, and stout mustard, slaw and tater salad on the side
DSCN1686.JPG

Overall it was a great day for a backyard cook in Arizona, just a beautiful 84º and sunny. The corned beef had a nice rich smoky flavor and the rub really came thru. I'll be doing this again, tho the next one I will probably pull at 150º and then sous vide for 24 hours as per Smokin' Al's advise, got to try it all. Today will be setting up the meat slicer to process what's leftover and making a batch of burger buns. Thank y'all for the help and advise, and thanks for looking in. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky