Smoked Chicken Easter Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
Feels good to be back to living my life after 17.5 months off and 2 grueling shoulder surgeries.

Decided to celebrate Easter and the sacrifices Jesus Christ gave for all of mankind, with a little smoked chicken on a 81° Sunday here in Colorado.

FC52D543-5668-4B59-B56B-9A44E30F704C.jpeg
87FE81B1-4B16-493D-A375-AEB0D1D7AC5B.jpeg

Hawaiian sweet rolls and green beans will be my sides.

Happy Easter everyone! 🐰🐣💐🌷✝️

As usual I’ll post finished product updates after I eat.

Feels good to be back to living my life after 17.5 months off and 2 grueling shoulder surgeries.

Decided to celebrate Easter and the sacrifices Jesus Christ gave for all of mankind, with a little smoked chicken on a 81° Sunday here in Colorado.

View attachment 491848View attachment 491849
Hawaiian sweet rolls and green beans will be my sides.

Happy Easter everyone! 🐰🐣💐🌷

As usual I’ll post finished product updates after I eat.
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU!!

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
Nice smoked chicken shall be a great meal, that was along recovery for your shoulders, i also after a year long wait have my Ultra Sound appointment for both shoulders in two weeks. injections did nothing and Doctor says he's opinion is operation is the last resort . fingers crossed
Enjoy your Easter supper.
David

Nice smoked chicken shall be a great meal, that was along recovery for your shoulders, i also after a year long wait have my Ultra Sound appointment for both shoulders in two weeks. injections did nothing and Doctor says he's opinion is operation is the last resort . fingers crossed
Enjoy your Easter supper.
David

work comp insurance company didnt approve my surgery until 10 months after the initial injury.

Then I had a second surgery 3.5 months after the first one because things were missed. But the second one led to success and I’m about 90-95% recovered. Some light aches and the back of my shoulder cramps up every now and then, but nothing advil doesn’t resolve.

Sorry to hear about yours. Have you tried physical therapy yet?

work comp insurance company didnt approve my surgery until 10 months after the initial injury.

Then I had a second surgery 3.5 months after the first one because things were missed. But the second one led to success and I’m about 90-95% recovered. Some light aches and the back of my shoulder cramps up every now and then, but nothing advil doesn’t resolve.

Glad to hear you are back to almost full recovery. Doc said i should try some physical therapy, but hard to get in with what is going on with covid , they want to do it on line....that just does not make sense to me. And i work for myself and by myself.
So hard ( i know i have to make time )to get the time because so busy.

David

Great looking Easter dinner....

Looks good! I'm getting my chronic shoulders x-rayed next week, hoping to avoid getting cut. RAY

Ray, morning....
I had CHRONIC shoulder pain.. couldn't lift my left arm... couldn't rotate it....
My family doc gave me the name of a sports medicine physical therapist...
I waited almost 2 years before I had the guts to go see the guy... My shoulder was so bad I was in tears...
Anywho, He found 1 vertebrae out of whack.... 1 gentle, very gentle, push on it in the right location and the pain was gone and I had full movement of my left arms.... I wanted to kiss the doc...
Of course it was out sooooooo long, it immediately went out again... The muscles needed to be retrained... So the 6-9 months of therapy, on the muscle retraining was in store... About 5 years later and infrequent visits to the bone cracker, I purchased a Teeter tip bed... When I felt my back needing some attention, I got on the bed for about 10 minutes stretching back muscles and re-aligning stuff... ABSOLUTELY the best $300 bucks I ever spent... That was about 15 years ago... No more problems...

Great looking Easter dinner....

Ray, morning....
I had CHRONIC shoulder pain.. couldn't lift my left arm... couldn't rotate it....
My family doc gave me the name of a sports medicine physical therapist...
I waited almost 2 years before I had the guts to go see the guy... My shoulder was so bad I was in tears...
Anywho, He found 1 vertebrae out of whack.... 1 gentle, very gentle, push on it in the right location and the pain was gone and I had full movement of my left arms.... I wanted to kiss the doc...
Of course it was out sooooooo long, it immediately went out again... The muscles needed to be retrained... So the 6-9 months of therapy, on the muscle retraining was in store... About 5 years later and infrequent visits to the bone cracker, I purchased a Teeter tip bed... When I felt my back needing some attention, I got on the bed for about 10 minutes stretching back muscles and re-aligning stuff... ABSOLUTELY the best $300 bucks I ever spent... That was about 15 years ago... No more problems...
I’ve thought about getting one of those myself. Wife likes mushy bed I prefer firm/supporting. Is that the situation that caused your issues or something else? Just wondering if a mattress can do that to someone?

I was in an awkward position and lifted a heavy gate to get the hinges aligned... I was alone... STUPID idea... Cost me about $7,000... No insurance...
I should have used a farm jack and some common sense...
I tried 3 different chiropractors... Some as often as every week until I bought the tilt bed... I tilt it about 30-40 degrees down from horizontal... I do NOT do the 90 deg. "as seen on TV" stuff... Tilt just enough to relieve the pressure and relax... Maybe do a bit of a wiggle to encourage stuff to move... Sometimes, I can feel stuff "POP", and feel the relief... Usually, I'm fast enough to get on the table, stuff just kind of oozes back into place easy....

Well finally had my ultra sound on shoulders , and i got in to see the Doc. He said that both shoulders Rotator cuffs are torn on the tops and lots of calcium build up and that is the clicking and cracking i hear and feel when moving shoulders. Even just to put on a shirt.....fun fun fun.
So he said there is no fixing what is torn but i can save the rest by working smarter and therapy. He said that my movement is ok now, except for the pain. But no quarantines that the surgery will help, but it could make it worse. If it comes down to me not being able to do anything at all, than go in to about than having surgery.

So i can just deal with it now , learning to live with all my aches and pains

Life goes on

David

All those things we have done throughout our lives have come back to bit us and it just take a wrong twist here or pick to much because we are alone to screw things up more, i'm 66 with 4 bulbing disc and been fighting with comp on a knee replacement that started as a torn minescus from 2012. I know what you mean.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky