Smoked Cheese Stuffed Bourbon Glazed Meatloaf (Heavy Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We love a smoked meatloaf. And yours looks excellent. Love the melted cheese in it also
Thanks so much Jim. I really need to do these more often. No question, the addition of the cheese was outstanding.

Robert

That meal looks fantastic Robert!
You took the ultimate comfort food & brought it to a new level!
Very much appreciate it my friend. you have been turning out some pretty amazing stuff recently. Still waiting to see those beef ribs though :emoji_wink:

Robert

Fantastic meatloaf Robert. I've done this with cheddar before. It can't be beat!
Appreciate it buddy. You are correct, a good meatloaf is hard to beat. The idea of the cheddar sounds great. We love the flavor of the Cooper's though and it melts so nicely.

Robert

Robert,

As always you came up with a plan, stepped to the plate and knocked it out of the park! Very nice.
Thank you Dave. The kind words are appreciated. I've had far more meatloaf failures than successes but two in a row that were good, my confidence level is growing :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Flatrate
YUM! Great job on the entire plate! Work of a man who knows his way around a kitchen!
Thank you Kimberly. Apologies but I believe I missed replying to your intro thread, but welcome to the greatest community on the planet. Beware though. If you've not already been told, there is another prominent forum member from the same town as you're in. There could be some trouble on the horizon :emoji_laughing:

Robert

I'd wait in line for the opportunity to sit down to that plate, nice work Robert!
I keep telling you buddy, if you're around my house at supper time, you will not stand in line :emoji_wink: Thank you for the sentiments though... and the like.

Robert

Looks great, with no cheese oozing prior to plating. I notice you got that "cheap bourbon" shot in there twice. I'm guessing the TN folks will be along shortly.
The kind words are appreciated. The TN folks are welcome to come along any time. Several of my favorite bourbons are distilled in TN, so no dig there. JD just isn't one of them. I'm more into the single barrel, small batch varieties as opposed to mass produced.

Robert

Another standard brought up too the Robert level, looks awesome!
That's a quantum leap of faith but I appreciate the accolades.
I bet a leftover sammie the next day dunked in the gravy should be on deck!.
You're not going to believe this but I crumbled up the rest of it the next morning and put it in an omelette along with some more cheese.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
Love me some smoked meatloaf and yours looks great!
Didn't care for it as a kind but that's because of the way my mom made it: bland, boring, and slathered with ketchup. Now that I can have them however I want, they have become pretty special.

Robert

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Looks fantastic!
Thank you sir!!
ALWAYS follow your instincts - it took 200,000-years to develop them...
You are correct. I do follow instincts most of the time but for some reason with meatloaf, I tried following somebody else's recipe for the longest time and always came away disappointed. I will say one thing though, some days I feel all of that 200,000 years old :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Retired Spook
Boy, how do I love gravy vessels!
We share the same passion my friend. Wait till you see what I put together last night. you're likely to freak out
That meatloaf sure looks good too! Nice job!
Thanks so much Ryan. This was my best so far, which isn't saying a lot since I've only had 2 that came out well.

Robert

Sir that right there not only sounds and looks amazing I agree that even cheep whiskey/bourbon can make a truly delicious glaze! Can’t wait to try this!
Thank you!! It was kind if a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants dinner but I'd thought about it for a couple days and it came together very well. I use bourbon for a lot of sauces, gravies, and glazes. It can meld really well with a good beef flavor.

Robert

Reactions: WV_Crusader
Great looking loaf Robert, we have added cubed cheddar and shrooms to our meatloaves for years.

Thank you Kimberly. Apologies but I believe I missed replying to your intro thread, but welcome to the greatest community on the planet. Beware though. If you've not already been told, there is another prominent forum member from the same town as you're in. There could be some trouble on the horizon :emoji_laughing:

Robert
I think you are right, there are a couple from my area. Trouble is afoot!

Didn't care for it as a kind but that's because of the way my mom made it: bland, boring, and slathered with ketchup. Now that I can have them however I want, they have become pretty special.

Robert
Same!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky