Smoked Bloody Mary

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mark-ct

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 17, 2017
Connecticut
A while ago I had seen that traeger was selling a smoked Bloody Mary mix but when I went back online I saw it was sold out. I tried the local stores but they don’t carry it either. Has anyone tried making a smoked mix for bloody Mary’s? I know you could try smoked ice to add that flavor but I want something that wouldn’t linger in the freezer. Thanks for any ideas.

I'd make smoked tomatoes.

And I'd tweak my worcestershire sauce recipe - use smoked anchovies and smoked spices
Shameless plug:

Alternatively, you can probably just add a few dashes of liquid smoke to the cocktail.

Reactions: mark-ct
Smoked tomatoes. Pickles work too but pick up a LOT of smoke quickly.

A while ago I had seen that traeger was selling a smoked Bloody Mary mix but when I went back online I saw it was sold out. I tried the local stores but they don’t carry it either. Has anyone tried making a smoked mix for bloody Mary’s? I know you could try smoked ice to add that flavor but I want something that wouldn’t linger in the freezer. Thanks for any ideas.

3 ingredients listed on the label that caught my eye were pickled onions, pickled garlic and habanero peppers. As such, Goggled recipes with these ingredients, and most use onions and garlic. The kicker was the habanero peppers - which most used sauce and one used a "small" habanero pepper diced/blended. Here is a recipe that is close to the mix along with 2 pickling recipe for the garlic and onion. For the price of the commercial mix, you should be able to make you own with a lot left over. 🍻

John

Attachments

• Easy 10 min Pickled Onion Recipe.pdf
    119.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Lt. Dan’s Best Bloody Mary Mix Recipe (Homemade!) - A Spicy Perspective.pdf
    86.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Pickled Garlic Recipe.pdf
    67.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Smoked Bloody Mary Recipe with Smoked Bacon - Vindulge.pdf
    87.4 KB · Views: 39
I use Evil Cowboy Ghost hot sauce. Has really good smoked flavor. I also love the Bloody Mary mix. It is pretty thick so mix in some water. Our local Distillery carries it.

Bacon goes well in a Bloody Mary - that will add some smoke. Here's the formula I use for a Bloody Mary. You could sub regular Tobasco for smoked Tobasco, or smoke the celery salt.

Old Bay Seasoning

2 oz Vodka
4 shakes (about 1 tsp) Dried dill
4 shakes Ground white pepper
4 shakes celery salt
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
About 1/2 oz pickle brine
Juice of 1 lemon wedge
1 tsp prepared horseradish
4 oz Tomato juice

Garnish ideas: Dill pickle, thick sliced bacon, celery, pepperocini, olives, cherry tomato

Prep: Coat the rim of a pint glass with Old Bay Seasoning. Add the remaining ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake lightly and pour unstrained into glass. Garnish.

Reactions: mark-ct
2 tbs worcestershire powder
3 tbs celery salt
1 tbs paprika
2 tbs black pepper
1 tsp ground mustard powder.
1/4 tsp habanaro powder.
1/2 tsp horseradish powder.

Mix all together and place in a coffee filter and cold smoke it for a hour or so. Stirring every 15 minutes.
Then build your bloody mary to taste. And add whatever else you want to it. Like pickle relish, bacon, etc

Thanks for the recipe. I’m going to try that tonight. I was thinking of smoking some pepper. It would be easy to store and probably go well with bregents recipe. One thing I saw that I didn’t think of was smoking some tomatoes. I have a traeger so it makes it easy. I’m always looking for different things to smoke and that didn’t even occur to me. Thanks for the quick reply’s and great ideas.

2 tbs worcestershire powder
3 tbs celery salt
1 tbs paprika
2 tbs black pepper
1 tsp ground mustard powder.
1/4 tsp habanaro powder.
1/2 tsp horseradish powder.

Mix all together and place in a coffee filter and cold smoke it for a hour or so. Stirring every 15 minutes.
Then build your bloody mary to taste. And add whatever else you want to it. Like pickle relish, bacon, etc
Worcestershire powder? Now that’s something I’ll look for.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky