Smoke tube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mchlfore

Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I am moving into an apartment and unfortunately will not be able to bring my smoker. I have a gas grill and hopefully will have a place to store it. I am wondering about using a smoke tube to smoke my meats but don’t know anything about them or how good it would work in my grill. Any advise?

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpeg
    IMG_0669.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0668.jpeg
    IMG_0668.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: JLeonard
A tube will work fine in your grill.

Are you not allowed to have a smoker in your new apartment? If this is the case I highly doubt a gas grill producing smoke would be allowed either.

As normanaj normanaj said, depends on what apartment complex allows.
If it were me, and they did allow it, I'd take the smoker instead of the grill.
I use the smoker a whole lot more than the grill.
Burgers and steaks on occasion is about it for the grill.
But that's just me...

This is what I would use:

A-MAZE-N Stainless Steel Tube Smoker 12 in. L X 2 in. W​

It will work fine with your grill and you can find them at multiple places.

You could use a chip box also. Soak some wood chips toss them in the box.

Attachments

• 20220508_160400.jpg
    20220508_160400.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 2
You'll need to find out why a smoker isn't allowed. And if a grill with a smoke tube is ok. A grill with a smoke tube has the same effect as a smoker as far as smoke/smell is concerned.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky