Smoke Hollow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Glad to have your here jmastera
wink.gif

Go to the index page and look in the lower left area where you will find the search box

Type in "smoke and hollow"....the "and" is important it only returns post that have both words smoke + hollow....there are a few which might be of interest to you

Hope this helps :D

Thanks for the tip. I read through a couple already and did find them to be very helpful. It looks though as if most people prefer or at least have purchased the propane models. While the electric will work fine for my purposes now I am thinking I will move up to a propane in the near future. Or, since I am a "build it yourslef" kinda guy I may even jump in to making my own smoker. I am getting way ahead of myself now, but a guy can dream can't he...

I just assembled a Smoke Hollow Electric at work today. ( I work for Gander Mountain) It looks well built, like the other Smoke Hollows.

We've sold quite a few of them over the past year, but I haven't gotten any feedback either way about them.

My initial opinion was that the box for the wood chips was too small, but being electric, it may not be an issue. Most of the electric smokers I've seen have had small wood chip boxes.

What else can you tell us about your Smoke Hollow?

So far I am happy with the unit. It seems to seal well around the door. During the seasoning period it kept the heat up pretty well even in cold temps. It seems well built and sturdy. Mine was a floor model, my brother got the same unit in a box and his experience has been the same as mine.

The chip box is a little small. I have read that some people swap the water try and the chip box. Not sure if I like this as I had to refill the water tray 2 times during my first smoke so it may be a little small as well. I do have a chip box from my grill that I might use as a swap out when the first fill of chips burns out.

The other thing I have noticed is that there is not a good place to run the wire for a remote thermometer. I tried multiple posistions in the door and it leaves an opening just enough to have a good amount of heat escape. I have thought about drilling a hole in the bottom to run the wire, or I may just use one of the hole for the grease cup.

Other than that I can't say anything bad about it, although it is my first smoker and I have nothing to compare it to.

Welcome jmastera-

You've come to a great place to learn the wonderful art of smoking food!

Someone around here has a Smoke Hollow unit I just can't remember who ... May have to start a database just can't remeber details like I used too - but then some folks around here add smokers like to their arsenal this squirrels tuck away nutd for the winter! Culd be a full time job!

:lol:

Welcome jmastera-

You've come to a great place to learn the wonderful art of smoking food! Glad to see you've already checked out the ecourse. You well on your way to becomming a smoking fanatic!

Someone around here has a Smoke Hollow unit I just can't remember who ... May have to start a database just can't remeber details like I used too - but then some folks around here add smokers like to their arsenal this squirrels tuck away nutd for the winter! Culd be a full time job!

:lol:

Welcome jmastera,

Although I do not have a smoke hollow yet there are many things that are similiar with many other units.

Please feel free to ask any questions and we will try to help any what that we can

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky