Smaller brisket smoke time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ghheath

Original poster
Apr 8, 2020
Hey all.
I'm doing a whole brisket that's on the small size. It's a 10 pounder with the thickest part about 4 1/2 inches thick. I've done larger ones and taken from 14 to 16 hrs. Any advice on the length of time for this smaller one?

Thanks in advance.

The bigger question is what temp are you planning to smoke it at on and what smoker. And is that 10LB trimmed or in the cyro bag?

I would to it hot and fast at 275. that would get it done in roughly 8-10 hours I suppose. I hate to guess tho. I do all mine at 275 on my pellet grill and start them all at 0600. they are always ready for supper same day. BUT - each one is so different on the time to done. there is no magic calculation...just plan on way longer and you will always have it on the table same day.

It's in the bag. I've always done mine at 225. I'll give 275 a try so I don't have to put it on at 0200.

I do the same as Sandy, cook them at 270-280, which is where my Lang likes to run. They usually take about 1 hour per pound, but as said above that is just a good guess. The one thing about doing them at a higher temp, is you basically avoid the dreaded stall. It just seems to power right thru!
Al

You cook it till its done. :emoji_laughing:
As said it all comes down to your cooking method low and slow 225 or higher fast and quick.
Waiting on the photo finish.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky